Monday, October 26, 2009

~The PSP Go~

Hey guys,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm just now getting a chance to slow down. So, the PSP Go has been out a little over three weeks now, and I'm wondering if anybody has anything to say about it. At $250, it seems kind of steep considering you can just get a regular PSP. For this price, I'll stick with my current PSP and Playstation 3.

In a review from IGN.com:

There is no question, the PSPgo is by far the most visually appealing PSP yet. With a 56% smaller design than the original PSP and a sleek slide-out screen, the PSPgo is quite alluring at first glance. However, upon further inspection and use, the imperfections of the system's design begin to become apparent. For anyone who has owned or used the previous PSPs, the PSPgo's compact design is a bit of a tactile shock. The PSPgo takes over an inch and a half off of the width of the PSP-3000, and trims a few extra millimeters off of the height and depth. The width reduction ultimately has little effect on user experience in terms of ergonomics, instead, problems arise when the thickness of the unit is split in half when the collapsible screen is extended.



Disregard the little man ruining the picture. lol


My opinion is this- yes, it looks nice and has a couple of added features.  However, it looks like it really wasn't made for player comfort!  The rear portion of the Go has rubber supports, but they really don't do anything in terms of grip.  Another thing to look at is that when the screen extends, you really only have like 1/4 of an inch with which to play on the pad.  I haven't been able to check what one looks like when playing, but I'm curious as to the quality. 

If anyone's got the PSP Go, send me a comment to let me know what you think. I wonder how it's doing sales wise compared to the Nintendo DSi released back in April!

0 comments:

Post a Comment